Welcome to Activate!

Activate is currently a work in progress... the ultimate goal is to use Activate to help ACTIVATE your faith! God calls us to live a life worthy of the calling we've received. It requires action. Make your faith a verb, not a label.

Tuesday, August 18, 2009

Undivided Devotion


un-di-vi-ded- adjective 1. exsisting as a whole, not in seperate parts


de⋅vo⋅tion- noun 1. profound dedication, consecration 2. earnest attachment

Two simple words, but when put together make a powerful statement. Undivided Devotion. There are many things that we are devoted to such as sports teams, relationships, music groups, school, work, and many others. I can say that I am "earnestly attached" to my family. I even have a "profound dedication" to my sports teams, but when the word undivided is placed before devotion it takes on a much deeper meaning. In 1 Corinthians we find an example of this:

"An unmarried woman or virgin is concerned about the Lord's affairs; Her aim is to be devoted to the Lord in both body and spirit. But a married woman is concerned about the affairs of this world- how she can please her husband. I am saying this for your own good, not to restrict you, but that you may live in a right way in undivided devotion to the Lord."
-1 Corinthains 7:34-35


God calls us to live in undivided devotion to Him. Recently I've given my dreams of marriage over to God. Of course every girl longs to get married but I've chosen to surrender these dreams to God. Why, you may ask? Because I long to be undividedly devoted to Jesus my Savior. He alone completes me. I don't want anything, not even a godly guy, to come between me and the true Love of my life. There are so many things that will try to steal our devotion away from God. The opposite sex will tug at our hearts, TV shows will lure us in, fashion trends will call to us, sports teams will consume us, but when this happens remember the ONE that is worthy of our devotion. Jesus Christ gave everything up for us, what will you give up for Him?

Maybe you need to turn your dreams over to God like I have done. Maybe there are relationships or things in your life stealing your devotion away from God. Whatever it is, even if it's a good thing, (ie; obsessing over Christian bands, godly guys/girls), you must lay it down in order to follow God with undivided devotion.

1 comment: